to be thankful...

by

i just woke up and the day has yet to begin so i thought to write a bit before it gets crazy:) i have so many reasons to be thankful year after year. many of them are the same year after year and i know that sounds lame but i am so glad that many of them are the same. but there is always something new to add to the last:) thanksgiving is truly one of my favorite celebrations of the year. it is something we do year round, give thanks that is, and one day during the year we actually get together to share it together. i think it would take me hours and hours to write down all of the things i am grateful for so i will just hit a few main ones:)
i am grateful for a heavenly Father who loves me, forgives me, keeps me accountable, challenges me, and gives purpose to my life. i love that He makes everyday matter and that not a day goes by where even if it isn't the best He still makes sure that i know He is there.
i am grateful for the family He has provided for me. i am so blessed with the mom and pop that i have and wouldn't trade them for anything:) my mom is the reason that i am the girl i am today and my dad helped a bit too:) they have always been so encouraging and loving and that can be tough with six kids but the did it and continue to do it:) my three sisters and two brothers are the best five any person could ask for and i mean that with my whole heart. i am grateful that my relationship with them is growing and not fading and that the love within our circle of six is so wonderful!
i am grateful for the special boy in my life who will soon be my HUSBAND! that is so wild. i came from a place of being so against it and i am so glad that the Lord beat me at my own game:) i am so thankful that the Lord took the past almost seven crazy years and turned them into beautiful love. i am so grateful for zack and who he is as a person and that he loves the Lord and that if he had to, he would cross entire oceans to get to me...he has never said it verbally...eheheh... but his actions show it a million times. i am grateful that his love for me isn't getting old, it is getting stronger by the day. i am grateful that he wants to lead me and take care of me. i am just so thankful for us:)
i am thankful for the friendships i have in my life. i am so privileged to be able to call some of the people i know friends. i am grateful for the conversations, for the loyalty, love, and so many other things. i am glad that distance is not a factor in my friendships with those whom are far away. i am glad that those that are near desire to spend time with me and make the effort to do so. thank you friends:)
i am grateful for a home and all those other things but pray that i always remember others who are less fortunate. and to be joyful to always help where i can. i want to always remember that where much is given, much s required.
i hope you all have a blessed thanksgiving:)