so, today...

by

i spent some time reflecting on yesterday. yesterday was just a tough day for me. once upon a time i thought i was pretty good at covering up my bad days, put on a smile and all will be well. well, i guess it didn't work yesterday because everyone seemed to notice that i was perhaps not my normal happy self....so much for that. it was one of those things that began badly when i woke up and pretty much dragged on until i went to bed...which happened fairly early because i just figured it was time to put an end to a crummy day. when i woke up this morning i thought about yesterday. something i have really been trying to work on is finding something good in every day no matter how crummy and i suppose yesterday was the first test since i began this little journey. when things are crummy we seem to overlook the good things because the bad things are bigger. during my quiet time i read the following:
if the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.when i thought, "my foot slips," your steadfast love, o Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer me up. ps 94: 17-19.
i really thought about it and came to the conclusion that it was exactly what i needed to read this morning. after looking back on yesterday and reading this little passage, i realized that He was there with me during my tough time. i was able to see how He held me above the water when i felt like letting go. most of the time, when things go crummy, i feel like everything is terrible. i don't know why i do it but i do. i think we all do though...maybe because it is just easier to? i don't know. anywho, i decided to really try to focus on the positive things in my not so good moments and i did, while they were taking place which honestly doesn't always happen. for instance, i was able to get quite a bit of my u of r application stuff completed, including a child development class that i needed to register for. so i am one step closer to being ready for school come february. 
over and out.