a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

by

i woke up too early this morning. you know how sometimes those sleepless nights just get ya?well, one got me last night. i feel like by the time i fell asleep, it was too late and the morning was ready to get me:)
i took this photo yesterday.
for a very specific reason. i wear my hair out of my face more often these days. honestly, it makes me ultra self-conscious. i feel like it opens my face up to scrutiny and my ears are exposed...and those two things can make anyone crazy:) the reason i am wearing my hair up is because this self-conscious thing---i need to get over it. ehehehe:) yup, i wear my hair up because it is helping me concur this weird insecurity of mine. i love that. i am so grateful that we were all created so uniquely and that our creator is such an artist. how wonderful is it that His imagination is so large that He is able to design each of us so differently and beautifully. we should be comfortable in our own skin. i like my round face and my freckles and my sometimes crooked smile. i can probably point out a billion things, but why? sometimes i think we forget that His intention was for us to be so different. and that we are to LOVE those differences because they are so good. i think we would be more comfortable in our own skins if we could just remember. so sometimes we have to wear our hair up to remember. He doesn't make mistakes.
in the war of my life, no choice but to fight it...
last night i had dinner with the lovely lindsey mcd:) if you don't know her, you are missing out, i promise. she is a brilliant individual. very unique in such a good way! we ate burritos with beans, cheese, rice, lettuce, tomatoes...and corn and carrots in the rice:) and this oh so yummy green sauce, thank you las brasas! and we talked and she fed into me and it was so good for my heart and i am so grateful...thank you lindsey:) we didn't have fried ice cream but next time we will have lots. after our night study, we chatted some more about fabric and buttons and movies. family stone is the one that stood out to me. she made me so happy when she brought it up and said she loves it because me too! if you have not viewed it, i promise you should! after, she told me about this song that i should listen to so when i got home i did. i am not the biggest john mayer fan(i know there are some dedicated fans out there, i just listen here and there:), truth be known, but this song and a few others, i quite like... seriously, this song...thanks, lindsey.
back to bed maybe?
good, good day to you.