eph 1:15

by

it is 12:25 and i am sitting here on my lunch break just processing my thoughts. i went to the park just a few minutes ago and since i had my camera with me, i decide to snap a few shots...i don't know if they are any good but if they are, i will post a few later. this morning i spent a bit of time in prayer. eph. 1:15 had a major role in that time and it was 'real good'. i was driving to work this morning and i began singing a certain song. i have been traveling with my radio/cd player off these past few days in order to permit myself more time to just process and to pray. anywho, this song, it goes something like:

Don't let my love grow cold
I'm calling out
Light the fire again
Don't let my vision die
I'm calling out
Light the fire again

You know my heart, my deeds
I'm calling out
Light the fire again
I need Your discipline
I'm calling out
Light the fire again

I am here to buy gold
Refined in the fire
Naked and poor
Wretched and blind I come
Clothe me in white
So I won't be ashamed
Lord light the fire again

if you are reading this, i recommend you reread the lyric you just read. these words have been so deeply driven into my mind these past few days and i know there is something to them. this is one of the most recent songs i have learned to play on guitar because i want to be able to share it with my romania team when we are there. i think we all need to hear these words every once in a while because i don't know about you, but i have had many moments during my life when i have allowed my love to grow cold and my vision to die and yes, indeed i have called out to Him for his discipline and deliverance. i am not alone.

another song came to me just after the above one. this one has been on my heart a great deal these days...i think i hum the tune mostly everyday:

Jesus be the center
Be my source be my light Jesus
Jesus be the center
Be my song Jesus

Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in my sails
Be the reason that I live

Jesus Jesus
Jesus be my vision
Be my help
Be my guide Jesus


i guess i have just been doing a self evaluation and wow wee, how i crave for Him to be my center, my focus. that is the hardest thing to do but if i surrender and obey, he will take care of the rest:) today has been a good day.

so, i have to be heading back to work now...just in case you don't know, i got a new job in special collections at the honnold library, it's pretty super.

ps...when i get home tonight i am going to blog again...my thoughts on what roxanna had to say...read my last blog.