planes, planes, planes...

by

i have a friend named jessi with whom i have not spoken in too long...jessi, let us fix this please... i want to visit you soon.
anywho, i read her blog today and this is what it said:

Some days I feel like I am on a long flight home. Where I've been was great, but where I'm going is better. Only instead of landing when I think I'm supposed to, Air Traffic Control put my plane in a holding pattern.
Now, half the time I am actually flying 
away from home. I know Air Traffic Control can see all the weather and all the planes and all the runways better than I can, and I'm glad this keeps me safe, but..
I'm aggravated. I am not supposed to be still on the plane. Now I'm flying in long circles so I don't even know how far away I am.
I'm lucky, at least, to have a charming seat partner with whom I'm having brilliant conversation. In any other circumstances, I'd be savoring every minute of it.
But I am cramped and hungry and my delight is tainted by how much I just want to land and get off the plane.


after i read it, i chuckled a bit because i just love her honesty. oh, how i do. my eyes soon began to water up a bit. sometimes we are stuck in uncomfortable standstills...well, we convince ourselves they are...this all goes back to what roxanna had to say about those ungodly thoughts... the immediate fulfillment thing. you know, we get uncomfortable when things don't go "accordingly"... what is "accordingly" anyway?  i guess i am just learning that accordingly is totally subjective:) i like to think that God's accordingly is totally different from mine... His is way better:)
thank you, jess.