JURY DUTY...it is my civic duty...

by

that is exactly what my older sister wrote to me today...it came in a comment on facebook:) ok, so it is and that is all fine and dandy. but why am i the only person in this country that gets summoned more than once a year? really, this is my second time this year and it is only july. i think they have a list of people they like to torture just because. not because they are bad or anything like that, just because they think it is funny...i don't know.

anywho, i had jury duty today. four hours of sitting and reading and people watching. it was quite the four hours. i sat next to this woman who was on the phone the entire time. she kept chuckling...really, like every minute and a half or so she would chuckle and she really enjoyed saying "hey baby":)...i don't know why. my group was the last to be dismissed. when i was waiting in line to get my pink paper...the one that says you only have to do jury duty once a year...sigh...i need to pay more attention when they are talking, back to waiting in line, there was this little old man in front of me and he was the sweetest person ever. i can't even explain how much i enjoyed his company...i wish we would have had a little more time to chat...i really love old people. jury duty takes forever and i never get to go past the waiting room. i just want to serve, you know what i mean? not waste four hours and go home...
after, i went to victoria gardens...i had to pick something up. i guess when i got to my car, my wallet decided it was going to escape from my purse, meaning yes, i dropped it. i did not even notice until i got home and checked my email. i had a little email titled "you lost your wallet", it was from a very nice man named mark. he wrote me to tell me that he and his partner found my wallet in the parking lot. and they found my email on a receipt and thought they should contact me asap. my jaw literally dropped to the floor. i began to panic just a tad and thought it best to look in my purse just in case it was really some not so good person trying to trick me. i looked in my purse and there was no wallet! oh boy, oh boy. so i called the number in the email and mark answered the phone...super nice man. i got in my car, drove to claremont...without a driver's license...the truth...and knocked on mark's front door as soon as i got there. i know most of you are thinking that was pobably stupid of me but i had to get my wallet and surprisingly, i was feeling pretty at peace about the whole thing...i laughed a bit:) mark was really nice and he gave me my wallet and i just could not believe it. people are not normally so thoughtful. i keep thinking of what the outcome could have been and keep thinking that the Lord really had his hand over this one. how beyond us He is all the time...i think we forget that too often...i think i got a friendly reminder today:)
so, after all the madness, i got home and decided a nap would be the way to go. when i woke up, i had a song on my mind. my voice was not feeling excellent right after the nap but eh. it is called the revelation song. i like this song a lot. it talks about who He is.