tonight, tonight

by

it was good. last night i wrote just a bit about my evening because i just could not resist. it was unexpected, i really didn't know how it would go....but truly it was brilliant and i was so grateful to be a part of it. tonight was just a bit more...it was just so special. if you know me, you know i have a weakness for junior high kiddos. i couldn't begin to explain why, how does anyone? i mean, people always ask how junior high kids and well, they are just so good. they are in such a weird place and so moldable and they really like when adults invest time into them and i like to. and it is nice to.
this week, i get to be a part of something much bigger than me. something that doesn't revolve around me and my life and what is happening and i love that. it is about getting to celebrate the goodness of coming together to think about our Creator and to worship him and to receive from Him. i love leaving me at the door. 125 junior high students seems like potential for really amazing disaster...it isn't:) i have so much to learn from them. they are crazy and they like to move and dance and be free and so many other things!
they don't carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. they don't feel like they need to have the answers to all of life's questions. they are just awkward and confused at times but that is so ok:) i love it. one day at a time seems really important to them, i am learning it:) i found myself thinking back on my own junior high days and there was pain BUT looking back, i can see how it stretched me even then and to think that it would be any different now would be nonsense.
wisdom is the topic of the week and oh how i want it. i think we all do, well at least i hope. and we have to seek it. we have to choose it. i am glad we have the opportunity to. i want to. james 1:5 is the key for the week but i read it just a bit tonight and there are some things around it that are just so good.
2-5: consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
i lack. i am learning. i am being stretched. i don't necessarily like it but i know it is right so i am grateful. i could keep going on about it but it would take so long. i may another evening. it was just good, tonight. i walked outside after we got out and it was a bit brisk, just enough that i got a bit of a chill:) when i turned my mouse on, that's my car:), a song came on. it is a good one and as i was driving with my window down i listened, very closely.

Now it seems I'm all along
Sailing far away from home
Out on the ocean

On a wave against the tide
You placed Your hands in mine
So I could see

On this beautiful night,
On this beautiful night,
On this beautiful night.

Looking up into the sky
The tears fall from my eyes
Out on the ocean

Like a fire in the dark
You broke my world apart
So I could see

On this beautiful night,
On this beautiful night
Ohhh, On this beautiful night.

On this beautiful night
In your beautiful eye
I can see, I can see

On this beautiful night
In your beautiful eye
I can see, I can see

Fall on my face
Into Your arms
Now I am lost here with You

Hold out my hand, open my heart
Now I am lost here with You

i smiled and soon after, i laughed just a little bit but in a good way. it was a smile/laugh of gratefulness. like a fire in the dark, you broke my world apart, so i could see. fall on my face, into your arms, now i am lost here with you. the entire song is so meaty but those lines specifically took ahold of something inside of me tonight. i feel it. i know it....i just sighed, but not in a bad way, it was more like a release.
i will end it there. white goji blossom tea, if you don't know it, please do...i am almost certain you will enjoy it. aura is leaving in two days...her things are disappearing and i don't really like it but i am so proud of her:) cc, she is a year older today, she is so nice:)
that photo up top, it is of a creek, i am going to visit one soon. i will probably throw stones in it...and hopefully get my feet wet, and maybe even my jeans a little:)