wow, wow, wowee:)

by

last night i bought colored pencils. 6 packs to be exact:) from target. they are getting to know me there and i just smile about that. anywho, last night the checker asked me what i do and for the first time i responded...i am a teacher. and i didn't think about it, it just slipped out. and i heard myself, really heard myself, and it made my heart beat a little quicker than usual:)
i don't know if i am any good at it yet but i sure am trying and i hope it will pay off. the students are so wonderful(Jess, if you read this, they really miss you a lot. you left so much goodness with them:) and i want them to get so much and i hope they do. i need to be nice to myself though. i am learning.
the nicest thing happened last night. i have been looking for a little table and have had no luck. so i finally just stopped looking. last night my neighbor, i have such nice neighbors, gave me the cutest little table that fits so perfectly! yippie! the little things:)
today during my prep period i will be sharpening colored pencils:) and finishing up quizzes. quiz fridays...i think the students must love them....or they will learn to:) maybe.
i can't wait for the coffee shop to open. i need to find my place. and i think that might be it. or that really fun french cafe:)
senior retreat this weekend. i am really looking forward to it:)
happy weekend.
music of the week:
frou
sigur ros
dirty projectors
sufjan
mumford
cranberries
bellarive
five iron frenzy...:)
and some really good other stuff