a full day...

by

it is 6:30am and today begins a full day of packing. my room is a mess...i barely found a place to sleep last night:) if i can even call it sleep. it is making me a sleepy emotional mess, the lack of sleep that is, so i will probably catch zzz's my entire first weekend in florida:) i know there isn't really such a thing as catching up on sleep but i will be tired, i am tired, and i will be ready for a good rest.
my books are all packed...there are SO many. perhaps i will sell some when i get to florida...most likely not. i have to try to pack the most important things into two suitcases because my little mouse will be shipping over and i don't know how long it will be until i have all of my things. so one suitcase will have tons of lesson planning materials and the other---clothes...and shoes:)
yesterday was a good day. i said i would write a bit about it. these past few days have been so hope building for me and it is exactly what i need as i am getting ready to make this move. my nerves are going crazy. am i ready enough for this? will i be good for it? will they like me? a million questions are running through my mind so having encouragers near has been a blessing. i worked in the morning and i was tired but happy to be there. i had spent the night before working and packing so the yawns were nonstop. roberto came in and i was so glad to see him before leaving. he has encouraged my heart over the past months in so many ways, i will never be able to count them all. he sat and talked to me for a long while about this move and his thoughts on my journey and just life. i told him about what i have been learning. he started to cry and it made me cry. he has filled my heart with ope every time he stepped foot into the shop and yesterday he told me that i gave him hope and felling like a miserable mess, i began to cry. i don't know how the Lord can use us when we are down to give hope to others but i love that He does. we said goodbye but there was a see you at christmas attached to the end of that:) this really sweet women theresa came in as well. i had my first huge conversation with her just a couple weeks ago but i have been getting her mochas with whip ready for some time:) that first conversation shook me up deeply and it came at the perfect time. yesterday i had hoped i would see her because my move went along perfectly with her words of encouragement just days before i found out about the job. she gave me hugs and there were tears and somehow she had even more encouragements left in her:) i was so overwhelmed by those two.
after work, i drove up to one of my favorite places on this little big planet to have lunch with two of the most wonderful girls. Sarah and Ginger. these two ladies i met some time ago and it was hard not to just love them. they have such a special story. Sarah i love for so many reasons. she is so true to who she is. her life love story not only with her husband but with ginger is beautiful and i think has played a role in the person she is and the person she will continue to become. i love that she is able to love the Lord so raw in joyful times and in times of brokenness. Sarah, if you read this, you are amazing, my friend! we had lunch at one of my favorite places, i will miss el mex:) our drive up there was full of laughs. you know when someone has an unforgettable laugh and you will just remember it well? Ginger has one of those and it is a good one! she also has this crazy new high chair...it attaches to the table and she just hangs there. i don't think she will ever have a problem with heights:) our time there started off with such a laugh and it will be something to remember. while ginger ate her yummy food there was some really great conversation happening. i will be so excited to read her blogs and updates about how the Lord is moving in their lives! also, i got an amazing bouquet of beautiful and good smelling flowers. they filled the kitchen up with a sweet aroma when i brought them home and i just love that. thank you Sarah Sampson. you are a sweet spirit and i will be praying for you and Derek and your wonderful Ginger.
Last night i was able to spend some time with my family and a couple close family friends. it was so good for my heart but a little bit a lot sad. i wonder if aura went through these same motions just before she left? we played board games, i tried but i kept getting distracted, ate lots of food, i cried some here and there, laughed, talked. i was so encouraged and loved that night and it filled my heart with goodness. i received some pretty special little going away gifts that i am so grateful for. there were cards and a bicycle planner and a lovely coffee set and a new apron, i will become a cooking machine, and a journal, and just some really nice unexpected things. robyn gave me some really amazing stuff for my new classroom and i can't wait to use it. robishka, i love you my sweet friend.
it was a day i don't think i will forget for a very long time. there was too much goodness there to forget. i am so grateful for friendship and family and all of the wonderful things i have here. home.
love.