i'm here!

by

last time i wrote i made it to my first night here. it is now friday morning and although i am not even close to being settled in, i am grateful to be here. the past few days have been nothing short of chaotic with getting acclimated. i have been at school every day since i got here, 7:30-4:00 working away on my lesson plans and learning my environment, names, everything. i got my classroom rosters and boy oh boy am i going to have fun learning all the names. there are lots of international students and pronunciations of names....will be perhaps one of my biggest challenges:) i have met the faculty and staff and they are just wonderful people. so helpful and caring and i need that right now.
i found out my first day on campus that my apartment is ready for me and i got me key and everything. now i just need my mouse to get here. the apartment is so chic. it has fun yellow walls and a huge bedroom and a balcony with a beautiful view of the lake and i just can't believe it is mine. my neighbors are all teachers at the school and i can't wait to meet them.
as i have been working on planning, one of the most helpful pieces of advice i have been given is to scratch everything i have learned in my credential program:) it was wearing my down trying to plan the way i planned in school and yesterday was just rough. i felt defeated and like i was not going to be able to do it. the evil one knows exactly how and when to attack and i am so glad that my sweet Lord is bigger.
BUT i am not defeated. so what if this is my first time teaching government. there is a first time for everything right? think possy...cheers to tony:)
to be continued...