getting closer...

by

to my first day of school and it is just wild. friday night, i got home and was on the verge of tears. marlena and shawn came in and sang and i just sat and listened and i started to cry. i wasn't expecting to cry it just happened, you know how that goes sometimes:) i had just received some bad news and i couldn't figure out my syllabi for the life of me and i just felt a bit defeated. lena played this song called restless by this cute girl audrey assad and it just was kinda nice how it filled my heart.

You dwell in the songs that we are singing

Rising to the heavens

Rising to Your heart, Your heart;

Our praises filling up the spaces

In between our frailty

And everything You are;

You are the keeper of my heart.

And I’m restless, I’m restless till I rest in You, till I rest in You

I am restless; I’m restless till I rest in You, till I rest in You, oh God.

Speak now, for my soul is listening;

Say that You have saved me;

Whisper in the dark, the dark.

I know You’re more than my salvation;

Without You I am hopeless;

Tell me who You are;

You are the keeper of my heart

You are the keeper of my heart.

Still my heart; hold me close; let me hear a still small voice.

Let it grow; let it rise into a shout, into a cry.

sometimes i think we all feel a bit restless, it is just inevitable, even for the best of the best out there. and nothing outside of the power of our Lord can really sooth that. sometimes i think we try to find things to do the trick but it just never works out. it is the small sweet whispers from my Creator that always seem to calm me down the most. i love that. and i think it should be just like that.

yesterday i just didn't push myself like crazy. i spent some time with lena and in the evening i went to this place bella collina. i have never been into a place like that ever. it was beautiful and the wine cellar was a sight. there was a parent teacher get to know you event and it was so nice. i really like the people at montverde. they are so supportive and helpful and kind. they are giving me their old furniture because they are just that nice:) so between that and the fun things i will pick up here and there, my little apartment will be so lovely:)

today i spent the day in my classroom writing and writing and meeting students and parents and it was so nice. on my way home it rained like crazy and i couldn't believe it. i have never driven in that kind of rain before...it was so scary but i laughed instead of being super scared. i laughed and out loud said God this is madness! and i laughed some more:) tonight i attended my first service at mosaic and it was exactly how i wanted to start it...with a rob bell video on the book of songs of solomon. they just started a series on the book and i think it is going to be so lovely. the pastor reminds me of my pastor at home which is so nice.

tomorrow will be another day at the school meeting more students and parents and tuesday will begin my time at montverde. it will be so new and interesting and hopefully i will be ok at it:)

happy week to you, sweet friends:)