the great pumpkin...

by

SO, i began writing this days ago, but had no luck finishing it due to the madness of this week:) so i will sort of just combine the events of this past week.
first things first, if you know me, you know that i love charlie brown. i just do. there is something so nostalgic about charlie brown and i love watching the cartoons, reading the comics, all of it. well, earlier this week i received a little package in the mail...and it was from....the great pumpkin. no, i'm not joking. i know, i know, it may seem like a bunch of nonsense but my package read from the great pumpkin!
the only problem was that he/she forgot to leave a return address so i could send a thank you note:) inside were these cute little personalized fall note cards. the package was so cute too. it was the way my week began, with an interesting little package in my mailbox. and i am pretty sure my own family doesn't have my address and i don't think i have shared it with but a couple individuals. well, regardless, it was nice, so great pumpkin, thanks:) it was a nice way to begin week nine at Montverde.
tuesday overall was a nice day. i woke up feeling like i wanted to break all the fashion rules so i did...well, at least i thought so:) i had blue and white stripped shoes, a zig zaggy orange and ivory skirt, and a brown and white polka dotted blouse. too many patterns for one outfit?...nope. it was perfect:)
the only thing that was a little crummy was this flu thing. i don't get sick very often but when i do it is never just the common cold, it always has to be something like the flu. and when it hurts to swallow, well, that can really dampen anyone's mood, right? well, i decided that i was going to just have a good day. school went by pretty quickly and after there was a bit of running and off to this little sushi place in town. marlena introduced my to it and i just felt like that would make for a yum dinner, so i went. my outfit for my night out, pretty ridiculous:)
my i'm a veggie shirt(thanks cheech:), cut off shorts, sandals, and the best part, my locket:) my sisters and i each have one so i wear it always now. and it makes me think of them. love those girls so much:) i sent this photo to them that day to show them my locket, cc noticed the shirt:) i had the sweet potato rolls and a glass of plum wine and it was just perfect. my funny outfit, it not only got stares but it helped the chef at the restaurant identify me as a californian. how? i don't even know:) well, he was super nice and my dinner was a delight.
wednesday after school, i hung out with the kittens. i made dinner, put my jammers on, did work, and played with chloe and toby. they are just so fun! except for when i play to hard, their claws let me know....no bueno:)
meet chloe...
and toby:)
i won the battle. they got so sleepy that they just hopped up onto my bed and called it a day:)
thursday and friday were great. the flu thing, still kinda was making me crazy but eh. yesterday, i had parent teacher conferences. i was so amazing at how brilliant that experience was. i have heard horror stories about meeting with parents but mine were nothing like them. NOTHING. the parents i met were brilliant and i am certain the parents i didn't meet are brilliant as well because their kids are. after they were over, i went home and made a huge decision. i was going to do something outside of grading:) so i looked up movie times and after doing the dishes, i took off. what movie? life as we know it. i know, i know, BUT i am so glad that was the one i ended up picking. i love going to the movies by myself. i always have and i am pretty sure that i always will. don't get me wrong, i love going with others too but sometimes it is just nice going solo:) and last night, i am glad it happened that way. i had pizza before, only downside, burned the roof of my moth...still feeling it this morning. the movie, i liked it a whole lot. i laughed so much...most of the time, i was the only one laughing but so what:) and i'm not going to lie, i cried too. it happens:) would i recommend it. yes. guy or girl, if you are just feeling like watching a funny, ok kind of flick, sure, just watch it. why the heck not?
and there is a really good cover of guns n' roses song sweet child o' mine by these guys:
the only thing that could have added to my night happened. i always love getting picture texts, i don't know why, i just do. and last night i got two! one right after the other:) first, i got to see jac, who is the most lovely and best five year old on earth.
and after my cutie pie sister sent me a photo and it just made me smile:)
now to get started on work. saturday, here i come...