so...

by

dear jessica,
i found your stash of paste magazines and truly, this morning, that is EXACTLY what i needed. i hope you don't mind that i am going to borrow them! thank you my friend,
roxi

part of this was written yesterday, part today, just try to keep up:)

i am sitting in class with two students. they are making up tests and i am blogging:)
ian, you thought i was not going to mention you but here it is...and what makes it just a little bit better is that you are currently sitting in here taking your test. i have a couple students, their names are ian and nick, and they along with a most of my students really bring laughter to my days, all of them. there is no lacking in the laughter department with these guys and the others! these two guys specifically have this thing they like to do. they write my name on the board here and the there. the only thing---it is never quite my name name. it always looks something like:
side note---> i started writing this yesterday afternoon and after leaving the school quite a bit happened which is why this didn't get finished. let me pick up where i left off and we shall see where that will take us:)
nick likes writing my name on the board like below. because the first week of school he told me that i reminded him of coraline, which was the ultimate compliament because 1, i love that movie and 2, you know me and buttons:)i also love my little love note from my ggga students, that is a local golf academy that just happens to bring us a group of really neat students:
the above and below come courtesy of ian. he knew this some of the students would have a hard time with this one, that some perhaps would not understand...but a few already got it and the laughter that came as a result was the proof! and it also looks like this:this one, i think, was a personal favorite for many...it was up there for like two weeks:) i think it is totally safe to say that my time here is being well spent:) i have been adjusting and the thing that has made the process such a smooth one are the people. those whom i work with, the students, and those outside of the school environment. a combination of the three is making my time here so pleasant and i am utterly grateful. monday night was a really neat night for me. marlena asked me to help out at the burning and of course i said yes. i always love it when i get the opportunity to music with her because she is absolutely brilliant. the service was so wonderful and just towards the end, shawn shared a story and it just nearly would have knocked me off my feet had i been standing. he talked about baseball when he was younger and how he just couldn't understand the importance of being in the out field just waiting...and waiting...and waiting. he thought about being in other places but no, he was stuck out there watching kids hit balls, run, and so on. and he just stod and waited. UNTIL finally a kid hit the ball and it disappeared. and he looked around for it and didn't see it anywhere. well, that is, unit he looked at his glove and noticed that the ball was tucked away in him glove! he had served such a purpose and was not able to see it until he caught that ball and realized how important his position was! how lovely is that! well, while i was sitting there, shawn began to pray and the words, 'ask and i'll give the nations to you' flooded my mind. that is a song by shane and shane and i heard it for the first time years and years ago but when i heard it for the first time i sort of felt like it was my anthem because for as long as i could remember, that was the deepest and is the deepest burning of my heart. to be among the nations. i remember from a very young age talking to my mom about these things. i remember my firs time out of the country and how important that was to me and how it changed my life. well, monday night, that all came flooding in. and i just wept. i was reminded of my heart and it hit me. i work at Montverde Academy. the Creater of the Universe made it that i would be SURROUNDED by the nations. we finished and i was able to talk to marlena about what i experienced and my heart was so full that night. yesterday, i was able to share it with a new friend mindy. mindy is one of the sweetest gals. she is a teacher here but she also oversees the bible club here and ccc, the service i get to sing for every once i a while. i sang on sunday night and there was a little crack in there and it made me feel so insecure but mindy just encourage and encouraged me. yesterday, after i told her my story from monday night, she paused just for a bit and said something that sent a shiver up my back. she told me that the Lord opened a door for me to be able to sing to the nations...41 to be exact. 41 nations are represented here at Montverde. it doesn't matter how many cracks or whatever come out of my mouth, they don't care! i shouldn't care! this is such a neat thing! just a while later, i remembered that i had noticed something a week ago and kept meaning to ask about it but kept forgetting. as i drove up the street, i noticed this little sign that read YWAM oralndo. well, being that i know a number of people who have been involved in the program, i was interested in finding out about that little sign so i finally asked mindy about it! and she knew as much as i did. BUT she also told me that students at the school were asked her about possible missions opportunities! and YWAM would be perfect for these guys! so she gave me homework---call YWAM! so i did and they were so excited and i was so excited and we will be meeting soon to discuss a partenership AND that sign, that is their new training center! five minutes up the road from Montverde! hello!
i sort of skipped around school the rest of the day, just marveling in how the Lord works. how He is so faithful to provide. and i decided to go for a drive to lena's to tell her about it, and it happened. i heard this horrible sound, my car swirved, i pulled over, and flat tire. really flat. i had to move a little bit up the road because i was in a very tight spot. i had a few nice people stop to assist but i let them know lena and shawn were on their way. one nice sir, ato, and his sons got out and help and between ato and shawn, we were good to go to the tire shop. well, long story short, it kinda was a disaster. my car is at the shop currently, there is a very bent rim. and last night was srt of rough. and i was so mad at myself because i knew it was just an attack and i think that i parially failed. i tried so hard to smile it off but by the end of the night, there were tears involved. HOWEVER, i woke up with a smile on my face this morning. God is faithful. it is ok if you are reading and don't really buy into that, but i do and i hae experienced that faithfulness too many times to doubt it:)

anywho, i have my tie on this morning....YOUTUBE is magical. this english man taught me how to tie a tie thins morning:)


happy wednesday:)