thank you and thank you.

by

today was one of those days. you know, where at the end of the day you just can't help but look up and say thank you and thank you. last night was such a disasted but it is in the past and today helped me really put it there. i don' know if i can stress enough how great of a place this is...not the place necessarily as much as the people. they are life changing.
today was just beautiful. fall is here and there is good music all around and just goodness in general flowing out of people. something wonderful happened. my students wanted a photo taken with me today and ah! that just was wonderful. so of course, we took one:
meet from left to right, my sweet and wonderful friend and fellow teacher, cheneille, and students nicole, audrey, and nick. and me! sporting my super duper monteverde tie! which i, mentioned earlier, tied all by myself with the help of mr. englishman on youtube:) thank you sir.
just before lunch i received the most wonderful gift. it was their good morning and they wished me one as well(lindsey, this seriously made my day...and just a bit later, you made it EVEN better:) this photo:

these two lovely ladies are very special to me and any day that i get something like this photo in my inbox cannot possibly be a bad day, it just can't. meet jac and buggie. if you don't know them already, you should, if you can't, too bad. thay are so great:) lunch was just grand. i had it with my friend mindy and she just was wonderful. her heart for here is so big and it makes me so excited. we talked about so many good things. wednesdays are assembly days and senior speeches are delivered. and seriously, they are brilliant. i keep telling some of my students that i am going to post them on here and i seriously might...just so you can know what i am talking about when i write about their brilliance! after assembly, i walked back to my classroom and saw i had a message and boy oh boy, when i opened it, this is what i saw:

if this doesn't just melt your heart, i am certain it has:) you know how sometimes you just want to be down and think that all is horrible and the world is against you but everything in you and around you is fighting it??? i love when those days happen. i am so happy to be going home in a little while even if only for a little while but honestly, i am going to miss these guys:)

today's playlist: sufjan(can't wait for the new one), the shins, bob dylan. limited but good:)