happy birthday to me!

by

the other night, my sisters got me so excited about my coming trip that i packed. normally, i am a little ocd about packing but not a week and a half early. oh well, what can you do?... :) three dresses, leggings, tights, boots, and flats. a couple other necessities and ready to go! yesterday, ian came up with this one. i was/am so impressed. these guys, they are just so creative. they def use the creative box in their brains. some people don't know how to, the guys that come up with these names, they KNOW!
the only problem with that birthday statement up there and in the above photos??? it is NOT my birthday! one of my period three students wrote that her birthday is on tuesday. when period four came in and saw that they immediately happy birthdayed me! i corrected that so quickly but somehow it stuck and they celebrated me! they sang and wrote birthday notes all over my boards and i just about died of laughter!!! i laughed so much. lena, the cheeck biting thing did not work this time. we laughed so much and my heart was so joyful, even if it isn't really my birthday! the last thing, one of the taller students in my class, jp, decided he was going to leave me a birthday note WAY up high on the board so that i couldn't possibly erase it! i caught him when he had nearly finished. and when the group walked out the door, i found little messages on the other board...i didn't see that happen because there was a large group of students in front of me. this was probably one of the nicest fridays i have had in so long and i am just all smiles. the students here, they are so brilliant. friends, i so hope you believe me because it is so true. AND not only are they smart, they are the funniest ever!
happy weekend to you! do something fun and fally. carve a pumpkin or drink some cider or something. the students are going to halloween horror nights...i will NOT be going:)
ps...tomorrow, chloe is coming home. she is toby's little sister and i know, i know, another cat? but she is so lovely and she really needed a home and toby needs a sister! i will post a photo soon.